Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Five Years of Sims 3

Yeah, so today is almost over and I didn't even realize The Sims 3 was released today.  As a Simmer 4 Life I should really note these days and be ready with quips and quotes.  I'll work on that.  But for now I'll just share a quick reflection on what this game means to me.

I started playing The Sims on day 1, missed a few expansion packs.  I got into The Sims 2 late in the game but finally managed to get the whole game, minus a few stuff packs.  The Sims 3 I've also been playing since the beginning and have bought all the expansions and all the stuff packs even when I didn't have a computer to play it on.

It's my favorite game of the three.  I know there are bugs and glitches but I don't care.  It's become everything I thought it could.  For right now I can see myself playing it long after it's officially over.  I just have way too much invested into it.  And that's about it.  Nothing big, nothing amazing here.  It's simply just my escape from things where I can create my own little world and just want my little pixel people go on about their day.

Not sure I can feel the same about Sims 4.  There's just not enough info out there yet for me and unless things change for me I probably won't have the money to get it either.  So there's that.  In closing I'll just throw this out there.

The first screenshot I took in The Sims 3.
 Looks like Serendipity is waiting for something to cook. 
Such is the life of a Sim.

This is the first video I recorded in The Sims 3.
Too bad I didn't know to turn the sound on.  Looks
like one guy like it.  Is that a Frio brother?

So that's it.  I have quite the collection of mostly pictures now that I really should do something with.  Like something BIG! But like many of my other projects it's bigger than I have time for.  Such is the life of a Simmer.

Go 4th and Sim!

No comments:

Post a Comment