Saturday, June 14, 2014

Random Sims Musings 6-14-14: Sims 4/E3 Edition

Yeah!  Another big Sims 4 demo has come and gone!  We know when the release date is!  And more details on features that have been featured before!  Look how you can push and pull things to make sims look like you!  Babies have legs!  You can play rotational style!

I figure by putting each piece of information followed by ! I'll get excited.  I'm just not feeling any sort of anticipation for Sims 4 coming out.  From what I hear and read it seems like they're going after the Sims 2 players.  Which is not me.

Here's what's not in The Sims 4 that I like:

-Complete open world
-Rabbitholes
-Create-A-Style

Maybe that's little stuff but it's what makes the game for me.  About the only thing that interests me right now is the new build mode.  I like building and decorating.  Sims 4 looks like it will make it easier to go back and correct stuff and change stuff without changing everything.  That's good!

Here's what's in The Sims 4 that I don't care about:

-Babies have legs
-No rabbitholes (Sims just walk off the lot and POOF!)
-Sims are simming all around you.
-Loading screens

Babies having legs seems to be a big deal...okay.  I didn't mind the burrito babies from Sims 3.  Now I get to watch an empty house instead of the rabbithole, where at least there was some action.  Ooh, wait!  Maybe I can go to the public areas and watch Sims be Sims!  As long as it's in the same neighborhood!

I have mixed feelings about this.  I'm ready for a fresh game but maybe not this one.  As of right now I can't see myself buying this game on Day 1.  I'm taking a wait and see attitude.  I definitely need more information.  Until then I'll stick with my Sims 3 game.

Go 4th and Sim! (Just not me, yet)





No comments:

Post a Comment