Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Random Sims Musings The Sims 4 Edition 8-20-13

So I got up early enough on my day off to watch the EA press conference from Gamescom and I'm so freaking happy they started it with The Sims!  I'm just not interested in the other games (sorry I only have enough money to be loyal to one franchise).

Thought the announcement trailer was pretty good.



Then there was the gameplay video.



First off I have to say that I hate the new look of the sims.  They look too much like Sims 2.  

The gameplay looks pretty good.  I know that it probably won't be as intense as the trailer shows but it did give a good idea of how the game will work.

Building looks like fun!  I never thought about picking up and just moving rooms but I've been doing that since Blueprint mode came out.  So that's okay.

Create a Sim will take some getting used to.  I was never a big user of the sliders, I usually used one of the premade ones from the library and tweaked from there.  Hopefully they left the random options in.

One thing I hope they touch on in the live broadcast on Thursday is rabbitholes.  I love them and I want them.  I'm not a micromanager that needs to control everything my sims do.  I don't need to watch them eat, stand in line to buy stuff or how they spend their working day.  But I do like the opportunities that come up and would like to see that expanded more (like what the medical and movie careers have now).

There's a thread on the Sims message board about the definition of "sandbox" playing.  I didn't like that I had to shop for my clothing and food in Sims 2 but that seems to be the popular option from what I'm reading.  It's kind of weird though that the same ones that want shopping don't want things to be unlocked as achievements.  But I wouldn't mind if there were special objects you had to earn (World Adventures) or certain outfits unlocked (careers).


The Gurus keep saying that they're listening to what the players want but I worry that all they'll hear is the one side and not take everyone's opinion into account.  I know they can't please everyone but I don't know.  I'll just have to wait for more information and maybe take the opportunity to get my hopes and wishes out there too.

Overall a very exciting day in The Sims community!  Probably only to be topped by Thursday's live broadcast!

Go 4th and Sim!

Preorder now!

No comments:

Post a Comment