Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Random Sims Musings 5-22-13

Had this article sitting around for a bit and it lists 23 unforgettable things about The Sims 1.  Yeah all of them were pretty much spot on.  Looking back this game now seem quaint and makes you kinda realize that there's some stuff that should still be there.  And with The Sims 2 reaching nearly the decade mark it's almost getting the same treatment.  "Oh this stuff was so GREAT!!!  We need more of this!!!"  There still seems to be a lot of hate directed towards Sims 3.  Maybe once we're all well into The Sims 4 run, Sims 3 will have the same warm fuzzy feeling of "Yeah, those were great things."

Now these are just broad generalizations.  There are groups that still play all the games, some people that leave the old ones behind and some that still play one of the older ones.  I loved the original game and it didn't seem to matter that I only got so far with the game play.  I kinda missed out on the whole second half of releases and that was that.    I got into The Sims 2 fairly late and feel like I missed out really exploring what it could do because I was trying to play catch up.  I spent lots more time downloading and decorating than playing.

Now with The Sims 3 I have a computer that could play it and I've gotten each pack as it's been released and I really feel like I got the full experience.  It's my favorite so far of the three.  I don't feel very nostalgic for Sims 2 gameplay and there's too much difference between the first and the others to even compare.

I'm not sure when I'm going to get The Sims 4, I know I will though because I, ya know, have to.  I may end up doing it gradually.  When 3 came out it was good but still bare bones so I played 2 to fill the gaps but once more stuff came out and Sims 3 started to feel more complete I gave up Sims 2.  Then my computer went kablooey and I haven't installed it on my new one.

I'm sure I had a point somewhere in here but it's more rambling but fuck it nobody looks at this thing anyway but me.  Though my stats tell me I have a worldwide audience.  Yeah!

Go 4th and Sim!

No comments:

Post a Comment