Monday, May 27, 2013

Non Sims Musings-Indy 500 Edition 5-26-2013

So today for the first time in my life I attended my first major sporting event.  The 97th running of the Indianapolis 500.  I wasn't sure what to expect, especially with people telling me I won't like it.  Well, they were wrong.  It was beyond anything I could've imagined.  The ceremony of it, the suspense of it, just everything.

The only downsides to today was all the extra walking and Billy Bigbutt in front of me.  Of course I had to have the all over biggest guy in front of me and his buddy that kept hitting into my knee to dig things out of his pants.  I mean did you NOT feel that you hit something??  At least the drunk lady behind me was nice enough to apologize for kicking me.

Besides all that it was a great race, the weather was good even with the sunburn I got and the best and most deserving driver got it.  Sorry, Helio but I have a new favorite Brazilian Indy driver.  Congrats to Tony Kanaan on winning.  You truly earned it and thanks for making my first time at the Indy 500 a memorable one.

Best picture I took all day with my shitty camera.  It's him though.


Vroooom!

No comments:

Post a Comment