Monday, March 6, 2023

Random Sim Musings 3-6-23

 


Coming to you LIVE from the Sim Acres Newsroom!  

Been awhile and there's been some stuff going on with Sims 4.  I have no idea where I'm going with this.

First up, THE BABIES ARE FREE FROM THEIR BASSINET PRISONS!  Kinda.  I don't generally play families but I have a few saves populated with lots of families and this will be an addition for them.  It's too soon to be annoyed with them yet.

I watched the live stream a few days ago and while I'm glad the new things are coming with the update and the expansion it's just...  Start this thought over.

The Sims 4 has added a lot over the years.  Lots of things with updates and lots of things with paid content.  And overall it's made a good playing experience (minus broken features and bugs) but it's spread out over so many packs and it can be inconsistent.   Like Selvadorada vs Sulani with culture lore.  Or even with the supernaturals.  Werewolves have lots of content compared to vampires.  Spellcasters fall in the middle since they have the Magic Realm.

Now this brings us to Growing Together.  There's the gameplay from Parenthood (which was not a Sims 3 Generations replacement) .  High School Years also had some family gameplay with the teens.  I see this as more of an add-on than an expansion (perhaps like My First Pet Stuff?) to fill in the holes in the family gameplay that's already there.

In the end I guess it doesn't matter because I'm getting the pack when it comes out and then figure out how to weave it in to my already established saves and probably making new saves because that's what I do.

Go 4th and sim!
 
Lori
#Simmer4Life


No comments:

Post a Comment