Sunday, November 17, 2013

Random Sims Musings 11-17-13 I should know better edition

So yeah, I was trying to do stuff with my game that I know I should've and I messed it up.  All my current saves got borked and I thought all my screenshots and videos were gonzo.   And what caused this???  All because 20 minutes was too long to wait for the files to copy in case I messed up my game by putting potentially bad files in.  Yeah, what a fucking idiot.  But luckily I have been better about saving and backups especially with the mess I had last year.

So basically I lost two months worth of work but with the way I play if I can even call it that.  I figure that I've lost two new lots and one I redid along with two months of videos and screenshots.  Which considering that I thought I lost everything from the last six months is something I can deal with.

Something else I realized is that I have Sims folders all over my computer.  WTF??  Yeah, really think I need to go back and figure out a better system.  For now I'm glad I don't have too much work to do to get the game back to where it mostly was.

And I've learned my lesson.  At least until I think I remember and don't and forget what I did and get myself in a mess all over again.  Hello sunburn!

Go 4th and Sim!

No comments:

Post a Comment